Z and I have moved to Castaic, California! We were presented with an opportunity to check out sweet new digs in California so during the last week of April 2017 we packed up our apartment in Greeley and made the trek to California!
Archive for Life
Weekends are always too short when you’re having fun! I had the pleasure of hanging out in Steamboat Springs for the first time just this last weekend. Five of us got together to celebrate 3 of our birthdays and enjoy the wonderful town of Steamboat springs. Read more
I have lived in and around Denver for a few years now and have really come to love it. Z and I intend on settling down here eventually after we explore some other places the world has to offer but before I moved away I figured a short post about what I love about Denver is in order.
- 5 Green Plantains
- Coconut Oil
- 2 Pounds ground pork
- 3 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Lime - Juiced
- Shaved deli ham
- Dijon Mustard
- Dill Pickles (sliced)
- Swiss Cheese (optional)
- Peel the plantains and slice into 2-inch-thick rounds.
- Boil plantain rounds until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Smash the plantains flat.
- In a skillet, melt a few tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry flattened plantains until brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together thoroughly.
- Form the burgers roughly the same size as the plantain buns.
- Cook the burgers in the skillet, adding more oil if needed, about 5 minutes per side.
- (For a smoky and vibrant flavor, grill the patties over an open flame instead of in the skillet.)
- To assemble, place a bun on a plate, top with a burger patty, shaved deli ham, pickles, mustard and cap off with another plantain bun.
- 2 Cups Half & Half (or Milk)
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Bacon
- 3/4 Cup Spinach
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry & Crumble Bacon.
- Chop Vegetables.
- Shred Cheese.
- Beat all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Grease 9x13 Pyrex cake-pan.
- Pour ingredients in to cake-pan.
- Bake @ 350 Degrees for 40 minutes (or until done). Poke with a fork or tooth pick to test done-ness. When removing the fork/toothpick there should not be any wet material stuck to it (like testing a cake)
Hey Hey! June 6th is coming up fast and we’ve finalized all our wedding plans. The details are as follows:
Most of the Wedding Party will be staying at Antlers Hilton, Downtown Colorado Springs [Click here for Map] both Friday June 5th and Saturday Night June 6th. If you would like to stay with us at the Antlers there is currently (as of today April 14th) still a deal on Groupon for $99/night [Click here for Link]. Book now or forever hold your peace. ^_^
The wedding ceremony will be held at the Grand Overlook in Palmer Park at 12:O’Clock Noon. [Click Here for Map] We changed this for the beautiful scenery so the ceremony will be held outside at the Overlook, not at the church. The Ceremony will be officiated by Zechariah Walden.
If you’re going to show up before noon I suggest you meet us at Lazy Land (map below) rather then the Grand Overlook since we have reserved lazy land and will migrate up to the Overlook for the ceremony at noon. If you arrive at noon simply drive up to the Grandview Overlook. The parking is very limited at the Grandview Overlook so if you can comfortably walk a mile or two then please park at Lazy Land where we have reserved and walk to the Grand Overlook with us.
- 12:00 PM – Ceremony
- 1:00 PM – Walk the trails to Lazy Land
The ceremony will be 30 minutes to an hour after which everyone will walk or drive to Lazy Land Area in Palmer Park where the reception will be held until 4:30 PM. [Click here for Map from Grand Overlook to Lazy Land] Appetizers will be served at 1:00 PM. Our caterer is going to be on site barbecuing. Aside from the cupcakes that will be available we’ve asked the caterer to be conscious of the fact a good number of our guests eat a gluten free diet.
- 1:00 PM – Appetizers Served
- 2:00 PM – Eat!
- 3:30 PM – Dance!
- 4:30 PM – Cleanup
- 5:00 PM – Depart
At 4:30 PM we’ll clean up Lazy Land and at 5:00 PM a Party Bus will arrive for all who wish to continue the party. Lazy Land will be shut down at 9:PM so the party bus will pick us up from the main entrance where you will want your car to be when we get dropped off. The Party Bus seats 32 people (all whom must be over 21 years of age due to there being a stocked bar on the bus) and will take all those interested to Garden of the Gods with the Wedding Party for photos, sight seeing and of course drinks. The Party bus will drop us off at 11:PM. We’ve estimated that roughly 50 people will share our wedding day with us so the seats on the Party Bus will be first come first serve. If you don’t wish to ride on the Party Bus you are still invited to come to Garden of the Gods and take photos with us, simply follow the bus!
- 5:00 PM – Pickup at Front Entrance to Palmer Park
- 5:30 PM – Drink! Be Merry!
- 6:00 PM – Pictures @ Garden of the Gods
- 7:00 PM – More Pictures @ Garden of the Gods
- 11:00 PM – Dropped Off @ Front Entrance to Palmer Park
I want to thank all of you who are coming to share our wedding day with us! It really means a lot to us! Thank you =)
Given the traditional expectation to setup a wedding registry we have setup a wedding registry with Amazon [click here for our wedding registry on Smile.Amazon.com]
I’m not completely sure what mix Archer is but we believe the closest guestimate is that he’s the result of a Shiba Inu and German Shepherd Mix.
Any input on this would be great! If not a mix of Shiba Inu and German Shepherd, what is Archer?
Z, Dillon and I took to hiking Mount Evans on Sunday, June 1st but due to snow conditions we had to head turn around.Â The views for this hike were none the less amazing!Â Checkout all the photos on My Flickr tagged Mnt Evans.
Before leaving, as if not to be out-done, Z jumped off the mountain and got broke! Fear not as we extracted Z without further implications and got her in and out of the ER.